Saturday, March 18, 2006

my ride

i used to own a blue jeep cherokee.
actually, it was light blue and it complemented the baby blue of my blue and gold ucla spirit very well. go bruins.
it was a little older. slightly bruised and battered, but it kept on truckin'. very similar in characteristic to yours truly.
but alas, that jeep has now been put out to pasture. *sigh*
once i arrived in mexico city, i was given a red jeep liberty. one of the nice perks of my job. i hesitated bonding with this vehicle at first, seeing as how the void in my heart had not completely healed.
but, just as a connection was forming; just as i was growing accustomed to the way the cup holders held my goblet of caffeinated ambrosia just so, and as the leather interior began perfectly molding itself to the firm, yet manly, contours of my buttocks, BAM! it was broken into!
nothing of note was stolen, save for the stock radio. whew! "HAVE THE COPS FOUND THE CULPRITS?"
"DIDN'T YOU HAVE A CLUB? SOMETYPE OF DETERRENT, LIKE AN ALARM? A CHICKEN'S FOOT?"
'a chicken's foot?'
"HOW ABOUT LO-JACK??! ANYTHING???".
'relax' i said. i've got something BETTER than any of that.
i've got full coverage insurance.
i now drive a silver ford escape, but, i'll never forget my azure jewel. my departed and trusted sapphire friend.
my precious.

2 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

firm is right.

just make sure that adam krikorian doesn't find you down there and rear-end that baby of yours.

your #1 gal.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Madaroni said...

Yowsa. That sucks that your car got broken into, although I read it as 'Bam! You broke it in,' at first.

Kudos to your insurance situation and that you didn't end up s-o-l like many of the victims of a certain hurricane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home